“Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.” Romans 12:16
- BE Kind.There is nothing as nice as a cheerful word of greeting!
- SMILE Often. It takes seventy-two muscles to frown, only fourteen to smile.
- NAME Use. The sweetest music to anyone’s ear is the sound of one’s own name! So, be thoughtful with how you call your spouse.
- BE Helpful. Share the load, do not rely just on your spouse to do it all, help out more than you are helped!
- BE Cordial. Speak and act as if everything you do were a genuine pleasure! If it is right and good, it really should be.
- BE Interested. Empathy means involvement! Ask, how your day is and then listen with interest.
- BE Generous with praiseand cautious with criticism! Do not nag, do not prey upon your loved ones.
- BE Considerate with feelings. Feel your spouse’s plight. It will be appreciated.
- BE Thoughtful of their opinions. There are three sides to a controversy, yours,’ your spouse and the truth! Do not assume, listen and be open to the real truth.
- GIVE Service. What counts most in life is who we are in Christ and then what we do for others! So, be there for one another.
“No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.” Luke 6:43-45